Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cooking For 2 Tuesday: Marinated Chicken & Songs to Listen to On Repeat

It's that time again, cooking for two Tuesday.  Posting at 10:16 PM and Lee is the one who cooked this meal so I think it's safe to say I am a little lazy this week.   I must be resting extra this week since I know I am going to be working extra hard next week during my parent teacher conferences.


This is one of our favorite meals.  It is a pretty standard recipe that most people probably know/love/use.  It is chicken breasts marinated in sprite/7up/store brand lemon lime soda.  I think the first time I made it I googled "sprite chicken" and found a recipe that went something like this: marinate chicken overnight in :
1 can of sprite, 1/3 c. olive oil, 1/3 c. soy sauce, & 1 tsp garlic powder.

Well, the first time we made it, it was good, but a little too salty for us (we are sugar lovers up in this house).  So I swapped out the soy sauce for teriyaki sauce and it was much better, but then we noticed the longer we let it marinade (ideal time is 3 days) the sweeter and more flavored the chicken is.  So it's a pretty basic recipe, but with our own twists. 

I marinated the chicken a few days prior and then talked Lee into heading out to the grill, steaming the broccoli,  & boiling and mashing the potatoes.  What a champ! We also had some left over home made rolls because even though I was lazy on this particular night, it doesn't mean I didn't channel Martha on Saturday.

Lastly (as promised) without further ado, songs that I just want to listen to over and over lately. Click to listen to it. PS You are welcome for not making you listen to them by posting a playlist.

Fun. We Are Young
Christina Perri  A Thousand Years
LMFAO I'm Sexy & I Know It


What songs are you listening to on repeat?

No comments: