Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cooking for Two Tuesday


Well, this post will not be as awesome/detailed as my last cooking for two Tuesday, but the food was pretty awesome.  I attempted my first try at making homemade pizza.  I used this recipe for the dough.  I did use all purpose flour instead of bread flour and it was fine.  I used store bought pizza sauce, because one thing at a time right?  It turned out pretty darn good, but the crust/edge part was pretty dry (compared to the greasy take out pizzas we are used to).  Next time, I would put a light coating of butter on the crust area for just a little bit more flavor.

This dinner did take a while to prep since the bread has to rise (the recipe says 30 min, but I usually have to let dough rise in the oven with a pot of hot water and it still takes an hour for me).  All in all it took about half an hour to prepare everything, 1 hour to rise, and 20 minutes to cook. 

We also had salad, FYI, but I was too excited to try the pizza to stop and take a pic of the salad.

Happy Cooking!