Tuesday, April 17, 2012

cooking for 2 Tues: Easter Classic

Not sure what Easter means in your neck of the woods, but here in Utah, Easter dinner usually involves ham and cheesy/funeral potatoes.

PS: Our Easter was awesome, easily the best part was when all 8 of the adults in Lee's family followed around my 3 year old niece as she had her own personal egg hunt in the backyard.  No really it was fun, but I am pretty sure it was kind of silly.  Don't worry the whole affair is on video.  

Lee says I "cheated" on this cooking post because the ham here was not cooked by me, but was leftovers given to us by my MIL on Easter. 

I did however, cook the potatoes.  These potatoes are in my top 20 favorite foods.  I pretty much love all food so I have to say top 20 instead of 10.

Mix together in a bowl:

1 lb package of hashbrowns (or get fancy and cut up your own potatoes; whatever you overachiever)
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 package of sour cream
2 cups of cheese
1/2 c of onion (I prefer green onion)

Pour all of that into a greased 9x13 pan, add more cheese to the top if you're feelin' frisky.
Then you cover the top with about 2 cups of crunched up corn flakes and pour 1/2 cup of melted butter on top.

Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

If you've never had this it probably sounds gross, but trust me, it is heavenly.



We also ate some other stuff.

Hope you had a great Easter!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yeah my easter was tacos, LOL.