Tuesday, March 20, 2012

cooking for two tuesday: chicken salad

So I don't know about you, but whenever I eat chicken salad at a wedding, bridal shower, baby shower, party, etc. it's like I just can't get enough!  I love it so much I want to marry it.  There, I said it.

So this is how I make mine:

boil 2 chicken breasts (20 min) and shred
(most recipes say canned chicken, but boiling your own is way cheaper)

boil 2 cups of bow tie noodles
(or not if you leave the noodles out you can make sandwiches out of them, but who has croissants on hand? not me, plus again I went for cheap and these are super cheap)

cut up:
celery, grapes, apples, and pears
(Lee says, "Leave out the celery," because he hates it, but I say, "No way Jose you need that crunch.")

dump it all in a bowl with a 1/2 cup of almond slivers


It will look something like this ^

Then, and most importantly, you can't just use regular mayo.
You have to use olive oil mayo, trust me.  It will change your life.


PS: This needs to chill before being served AND make sure you hide the leftovers because if I am there it will be gone in less than 24 hours. No Joke.

We ate it with sides of pineapple and wheat rolls.

Happy Cooking!

No comments: