Saturday, February 19, 2011

things I just don't "get"

There are some things in this life that I just don't get. I'm not saying I hate it (or you, if you fall in any of these categories), I'm just saying I don't get it.

1. Zumba


People go nuts over zumba, but for me it's just awkward. It's not even the sexy Latin moves that make me feel awkward. It's the fact that most people look really stupid doing it, but the main thing is how awkward it is when the (often Caucasian) instructors yell out things like, "aye yigh yigh," and expect you to shout it back. It just isn't for me. I love me some yoga, running, regular dancing and I often force myself to weight lift, but zumba isn't my cup of tea.

2. TMI on facebook...

All I can say is about this is why?

3. Negative attitudes.

My ideas about this can be quoted from the ever popular Bobby McFerrin song (Don't Worry, be Happy) "In every life we have some trouble. When you worry you make it double."

4. What's the dealio with the fact that whenever people are at Walmart (or in their cars) some people just lose their humanity?

What I mean is this; when in these two particular domains people begin to only care about themselves and if anyone gets in their way they will run you over without even an apology.

5. Watching sports on TV.



I am actually a huge advocate of playing sports. I love to be active and I think it is really important for kids to participate in team sports from a young age. There are some great lessons you can learn about life and about yourself through sports, but I just don't get watching them on TV. After a while it's kind of all the same and you don't know anyone on the team, so what is the point? If I've seen 30 football or basketball games it feels like I've seen them all.

No comments: