When I got home from the gym and I was taking a wonderfully hot shower I was just thinking about how I am the luckiest girl in the world. No really, I know other people definitely have it better than I do, but it's all in the attitude right? Of course, I feel that way after about 90% of my runs, gotta love that runner's high. I just wanted to write down a few things I am grateful for today. I could probably go on forever, but I won't bore you.
Things that make me feel warm and fuzzy inside:
1. Running: Seriously, one of the greatest things that has happened to me is discovering that I love it. When I run I feel, like that is what God made me for.
2. Lee: I feel like that is agiven, but since this is my first post related to gratitude I definitely have to mention him. I really don't know why he picked me out of all the girls in the world to marry, but I sure am glad he did.
3. Biff has stopped trying vomit out his insides! (and I won't mention anything else because it is already TMI, but you know dogs get sick too.) So glad that whatever weird thing he ate is no longer in his system! So gross and sad. Why can't dogs just have logic?
4. Valentine's Day is Monday! AND for once I am not going crazy with unrealistic expectations. The key to a good Valentine's Day is to learn to do for others and to give the day permission to not be some cheesy (perfect) scene from a movie or a book because let's be real, that hardly ever happens and it is okay.
5.Weekends are wonderful.
6. The weather has been great lately (I'll take the 50's in February)!
7. I have a great job with the best coworkers. I love how we go out to lunch together every Friday. My team members at my school all have great attitudes and I have learned a lot from them.
8. My cute niece taking a nap on my lap yesterday while we watched Finding Nemo was so sweet. She is adorable.
We'll stop there because 8 is my favorite number. I won't say lucky number because I don't really believe in luck. You make your own luck. Have a great day and Valentine's Day; remember to count your blessings.
"As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily. The breaking sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world." Terri Guillemets
What are you grateful for?