Tuesday, February 1, 2011

DI Decor

Yesterday I worked on fancifying this blog for an indiscriminate amount of time and today it looks sort of tacky to my eyes, but I spent so much time on it that I won't be changing it anytime soon. Lucky for me, right now I get to spend my days lounging on the couch (reading, facebooking, or watching TV) taking Biff for walks, heading to gold's and going to the DI in an effort to get out of the house without spending too much money. Since I teach year round school I have random 2-4 week vacations from work every 9 or so weeks. I am currently enjoying one such break, but I am in for the ultimate Monday come this Monday. The ultimate Monday meaning going back to work after living the life of a bum for a while.

Yesterday I took a trip to that smelly place known as a thrift store in hopes of finding some unknown treasure(s). Lately I have noticed that when I go to said store it is packed with customers; which makes the experience even less pleasant than usual.

I did (of course) find items to waste some $ on, although not a gravy boat which is often what I am looking for when I decide to venture out.



I got that little vase above for $1.50 and classy lady that I am I filled it with those fake plant like stems from another favorite store; Dollar Tree.



I got two of these decorative coat hanger doodads for $1.50 each. Never you mind that I don't have a use for them yet...



This last purchase was my favorite item of the day for $5. The great thing about it being that 1. It is red and 2. It's gigantic so I can take it to work. I currently take my regular purses to work and wear them out too early by overfilling them with things like my lunches, laptop, books, or any other teachery thing you can think of.



I thought you might enjoy a photo of this baby in action even though it turned out blurry.

No comments: