Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cooking for Two: Sunday Dinner Edition

Slow Cooker Pot Roast
More like dinner for 6-8 (AKA dinner for 2 with oodles of leftovers ~ which I am good with)

FYI: I added more potatoes and carrots, but I wanted the meat to show in my picture.  That way, if any vegetarians visit my page I can offend them (joke).

STEP ONE: Buy supplies at the store: roast, potatoes, carrots, optional: onions, celery, olive oil, spices.
STEP TWO: Put a little water on the bottom, put the roast in, put seasoning on top
 (for me that means 1/4-1/2 onion, tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper, parsley).
STEP THREE: Wash your veggies, cut up all your veggies, and plop them on the top of the meat.  Add more seasonings if desired.
STEP FOUR: There is no step four! Ha! You're done, just go about your day and dinner is ready in 6-8 hours.

But, for me, I can't only eat the roast with the veggies that cooked in the same pot with the roast, because IMHO pot roast veggies taste too much like the pot roast.  So, of course, I steamed some broccoli.  Then we ate these nummy homemade rolls we had on hand.  I am kind of obsessed with baking bread these days.  Maybe someday I can write a post about the magical 1:00 PM hour on Saturdays when my house smells like clean toliets, fresh laundry, and baking bread, basically my idea of heaven.  Don't ask me for the (bread) recipe, unless you're a Chesnut, because it might be a family secret, or it might be from Betty Crocker, who knows these things? Certainly, not me.


And just for fun, I found this image on Lee's computer and I have no idea if he found it online somewhere or made it himself.  I like to think he made it, because then it is just that much better.

I hope you have a Michael Scott kind of Valentine's Day, whatever that means.

1 comment:

andrea brionne said...

I love pot roast. I'll have to try it on my own soon :)