Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cooking for Two Tuesday: breakfast for din-din

Sometimes you just need some pancakes for dinner.


The trouble with eating pancakes for dinner is that you feel as if you've already eaten dessert.  30 minutes after dinner I usually get up and treat myself to some oreos and milk, but when I eat pancakes for dinner, I am already sugared out and it's very confusing unto me.  This is followed by a battle within my head if I should eat some veggies as dessert since I ate dessert as dinner? I usually just drink some water and frown.

But without further ado: cooking for two: pancakes for dinner.

You were warned.

Supplies needed:

eggs (scrambled eggs)
milk (to drink)
syrup (sugar, brown sugar, water, & maple flavoring)
pancakes (white flour, wheat flour, oats, baking soda, salt, sugar, egg, milk, oil) recipe
cooking spray

prep time: 20-ish minutes
downside: you don't feel like you deserve dessert & it's hard to keep it all warm at the same time
upside: breakfast, who doesn't love breakfast? oat/wheat pancakes: mmmm very filling!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wait, what is this deserving dessert? I just thought it was a necessity? Hmm...Haha...now I'm craving eggs.