Thursday, September 15, 2011

stolen images via pinterest

Lately I've been too busy laying down on my couch, not working out AKA not following my training plan, feeling sorry for myself and coughing my little heart out to blog about anything of value.

Saturday I found out in the middle of a 'supposed to be 11 mile run-turned out to be more like an 8 mile run/walk/crawl' that I had come down with some kind of virus.  It was a poor, pathetic story, but I'll spare you any more details.

Instead I want to keep it positive and talk about what I am grateful for today.

  • Tomorrow is Friday: I know, boring, but whatever.  Fridays are awesome sauce because my favorite 5th grade team goes out to lunch and it's early out day for us, plus, hello! weekend.
  • Lee: He has been so good to me while I've been sick: buying me orange juice, warming up soup for me, vacuuming the floors, doing laundry, all that fabulous stuff.  I'm a lucky gal.
  • Yesterday I made tater tot casserole; enough said.
  • Did I mention sleeping in tomorrow?
  • My church meeting I was supposed to go to tonight got cancelled/moved: We'll just have the meeting eventually anyway, but it's nice to be able to stay home on the couch in recovery mode.
  • General Conference is coming up!  I am so excited for a PJ Sunday listening to the wonderful messages.  I am excited to hear what will be said.  I wonder if the speakers will talk as much about service as last time.
  • I am almost back to 100% healthy :)
  • Next week is the Biggest Loser and The Office  Frankly, I don't watch that much TV, 2 shows a week is literally about 2 hours. I am excited to watch these, although they'll be different with a new trainer on BL and no more Michael on the office. Speaking of the BL I just saw a commercial where Bob endorsed a diet pill? What the? Aren't they supposed to be all about the common sense diet, even if they can take it to extremes, that is supposed to be their whole philosophy. Not cool Bob, not cool.



And if that doesn't make you smile, check your pulse, because you must be dead.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your so good at exercising...and stuff! I seriously need to get motivated. Im 5'7 too, but far from your skinny little body. Maybe someday!