Monday, July 9, 2012

mo money mo problems

This is what it looks like when Biff tries to tell me to stop blogging and take him for a walk.
I try to remind him that it's 90 degrees out and he will just lay down in the shade after a while and pant for at least a half an hour following it, but he just doesn't understand reasoning and logic?



Whatever happened to cooking for two tuesdays? Nobody knows.  My computer has a few files with pics of dinners waiting to be shared, but somehow it just never happens.  So what does any good procrastinator do when in the middle of a project and you have been stalled? Obviously, any good procrastinator knows you should start a new project.  Am I right?

So, a new feature/theme is about to enter this blog.

Wait. For. It....


Finance.


And it will be fun. shockingly. mostly just little anecdotes about funny experiences related to budgeting, reading a plethora of finance novels, and some pretty common sense crap that you should already know like: don't spend money you don't have. you know really deep stuff like that. maybe even some Suze Orman. Where did those capitals come from? I thought they were on strike for this paragraph? Weird!

Did you know I almost changed my major from elementary education to accounting at the last second, but somehow I decided against the change.  It was a close call, that one.  Sometimes I dream of crunching numbers all day in a cubicle while actually secretly playing tetris a la Office Space, but then I realize there wouldn't be any ten year olds to say really awesome things to me like,

"It looks like you had a hole in your skirt and tried to sew it up yourself?" (maybe because I did)

or

"What is that on your chin?" (a pimple)

or

"I think you should bring Biff to school." (me too)

or

"What is a romantic movie to go see in the theater" (What?! Why?!)


Needless to say I love my job.   And I am not an expert on money, but for some reason I feel like telling you some funny stories about money, lattes, living in trailers, and fire dancers. It will all make sense later.  I'm just trying to reel you in.


2 comments:

laura said...

I'm kind of excited about the financial advice (totally with you on the stupid upgrades, I've been burned with those too!). And I think you should pepper the financial info with cute things your kids say! I miss cute student comments.

his little lady said...

oh gosh, 90 degrees definitely calls for just staying inside. and i'm definitely excited for these financial advices too. need it! ;)
xo TJ