Friday, November 18, 2011

greatest thrift store find EVER

Christmas came early.  I just found something at Savers for $9.95 that I was pricing on Ebay for anywhere from $30-125! Before I show this amazing item I have some others to share.  Keep in mind (if you've never been thrifting before) that the items I am showing you I collected over multiples trips to the DI/Savers.  Before we begin I wanted to share my rules for thrifting.


1. If you don't find at least one thing, you are either not being creative enough, are not in the right mood, or you are going too often.
2. If you are buying more than 5 items you are probably just buying crap.
3. If (I like it and) it's 5 bucks or less it's mine.  If it's $10 or less it's probably mine.
4. Never, never, never go on Saturday.
5. If you want it and it's relatively cheap you should buy it because if you don't buy it someone else will.  If you come back tomorrow it will be gone.

Here are some great finds; some of the prices I don't remember so I'll be guessing.

bread box $3.00

Photobucket Photobucket


Owl $0.75-1.50     Lamp $4.00 Lamp Shade $3.00 {the lamp was originally gold and cream sort of striped; I spraypainted it with ORB)

Photobucket
$1.50 for the vase/planter/whatever $0.50 for that awesome Native American bust



And last the best of all the game....

My amazing ceramic Christmas tree! I was in love with one my grandma had when I was a little girl. Just look them up on Ebay and you can see how pricey they can be.

1 comment:

laura said...

I just found your blog because I was so intrigued by the eye-lash story (on natthefatrat), anyway, I LOVE your blog. and my grandmother had that SAME Christmas tree, I almost laughed out loud at my desk. ohmygosh, let's be blog friends, please?